Families Forward, the Fort Rouge/River Heights Parent Child Coalition requires a Part time Coordinator for 20 hours a week (as below). See attached Job Description for more details.
Under the supervision of the Executive Committee, the familiesforward Coordinator works together with community members, organizations, and government departments to promote nutrition, literacy, parenting and community capacity building with parents and children ages 0-6 in Fort Rouge/River Heights, Winnipeg.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Degree or diploma in Early Childhood Education, related post-secondary education, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and managing a program budget.
- Excellent organizational, communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of the coalition neighbourhood an asset
- Experience developing, organizing and delivering early childhood programs as well as experience working with parents
- Community development skills and experience an asset
- Computer skills required. – spreadsheets, word processing, website maintenance, social media sites.
- Provide current child abuse check and criminal records check.
- Use of personal vehicle required.
- First Aid and CPR Certification preferred.
- Food Handling Certificate an asset.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to the Families Forward Hiring Committee, c/o Tricia Robinson, Executive Director, South Winnipeg Family Information Centre, by e-mail: email@example.com
by May 26, 2017.
Start Date: Late August, 2017 (estimated August 28)