familiesforward (Fort Rouge/River Heights Parent Child Coalition), supported by Healthy Child Manitoba is committed to nurturing healthy children, youth and families in the Fort Rouge/River Heights community, with a priority focus on the early years (0-6 years).
- To engage community partners from the public, private, volunteer and other sectors in a shared vision to support healthy children, youth, families and communities.
- To establish a working coalition of community stakeholders to identify needs and priorities and to develop a sustainable plan for addressing those needs in a manner appropriate to the community.
- To support early childhood development and parenting activities that complement, build upon and enrich existing programs or introduce new programs to address identified gaps in services or resources.
- To promote healthy outcomes for children, youth and families through the priority activities of parenting, nutrition and healthy living, literacy and community capacity building.
- To demonstrate the impact of initiatives through measuring and monitoring program outcomes, in partnership with Healthy Child Manitoba.